The Swiss Air Force has certified the Sonaca 200 Trainer Pro for the initial aptitude assessment programme called “SPHAIR”. The objective of the SPHAIR programme is to discover and assess young talents for a career as a pilot in the Swiss Air Force or general aviation.
Après avoir volé le démonstrateur OO-SON en 2016, j’ai eu l’occasion de revoler sur la machine de présérie OO-NEW le 24 septembre 2018 lors d’une tournée en Suisse de Pierre van Wetter.
On Friday the 24th of August, I had the opportunity to perform a test flight in the Sonaca 200 with Pierre Van Wetter. Pierre and another colleague have been involved in this pro-ject since day one. He is currently responsible for sales and marketing. Pierre received his masters degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Liège.
- Sonaca Aircraft has been given EASA CS-VLA certification for the Sonaca 200
- The delivery of the first SONACA 200 models is scheduled for September 2018
- Two versions are available for sale: The Sonaca 200 Trainer & The Sonaca 200 Trainer Pro
- Sonaca Aircraft is working on developing two new versions of the plane: UPRT and IFR
2018 has started off with the closure of the flight test programm, getting the DOA ( Design Organisation Approval ) from EASA and the Start of assembly of the first models of the Sonaca 200. Implementation of an ambitious industrial project conducted in close collaboration with Sonaca Group.
- Static and fatigue analysis on the Sonaca 200 has been performed under Sonaca's SONIA virtual sizing environment
- Sonaca Aircraft is currently in the final phase of the Sonaca 200 flight test programme
- The delivery of the first Sonaca 200’s is scheduled for the beginning of 2018
Le lundi 4 septembre 2017, les premiers clients de Sonaca Aircraft ont été invités à tester le Sonaca 200 (OO- NEW), nouvel avion monomoteur biplace destiné à la formation des pilotes et aux vols de loisir. Au terme des vols d’essai, les pilotes se sont montrés très enthousiastes. La Belgian Flight School a confirmé sa commande initiale.
On Monday September 4th 2017, Sonaca Aircraft’s first customers have been invited to test the Sonaca 200 (OO- NEW), the new two-seater single-engine aircraft designed for pilots’ training and leisure flights. The pilots showed much enthousiam after the test flights. The Belgian Flight School (BFS) confirmed its initial order.
We devoted the beginning of the year
2017 to the assembly of the first two
specimens of the Sonaca 200 intended
for the ground and flight tests.
During the certification program, we
keep on accepting pre-orders of the
aircraft which achieves an appreciable
commercial success throughout Europe.
The first deliveries of the Sonaca 200 are
still expected at the end of 2017!